Last night was the 2018 Met Gala Ball. The Oscar’s of the fashion world, who’s who in the entertainment and fashion industry graced the red carpet in their version of holy bodies and the Catholic perspective. The board of the Met Gala and some guests definitely took us to church and blessed our souls. I have created the top 5 looks of our African American kings and queens.
- Robyn “Rihanna” Fenty: Being one of the board members for the extravagant event, Rihanna could not just attend but she had to let the guest know she is and will always be the Queen of the Met Gala. She wore Galliano and Margiella
- Chadwick Boseman: The Black Panther looked ever so dashing in Atelier Versace. He dressed according to the theme of the Catholic perspective with crosses, white and gold garment. He looks like he’s going to give an amazing sermon that will take you from glory to glory.
- Christian Combs: He not only got his swag from his magnetic father, Diddy, but he exceeded expectations in Dolce and Gabbana. He is the epitome of Italian Renaissance, class and royalty. The brocade and velvet is signature to the fashion house’s look.
- Migos: Our favorite trap lords did not come to play in Versace. One of the music groups favorite luxury brands looked spring ready in their blazers and kept it simple on the bottom for their slacks and velvet shoes. Of course, Quavo aka Huncho stepped out in his Huncho rings.
- Rounding out the top five is Yara Shahidi in Chanel Couture 2018. She looked heavenly and fresh faced in white embroidery, again, famous for the fashion house and white tulle. She finished off her look with a white top hat. Zoey Johnson approved.